I found this recipe on one of my favourite websites – Beaut.ie, it’s for Bananas and Blueberry Muffins, I made them a bunch of times and everyone always loves them, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100g light brown sugar
- 50g porridge oats
- 2 medium bananas (the riper the better!)
- 75g coconut oil (melted)
- 125ml low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 150g blueberries
- Heat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Pour all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until nearly smooth. Stir in the milk, coconut oil and eggs, until evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients (the mix will look lumpy but don’t worry, it’s supposed to!)
- Next, add in the blueberries and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases and divide evenly
- Bake for 20 mins until risen and nicely golden.
- Place on a rack to cool and enjoy!
These can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or as a snack.